AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed Command Set Up?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/20/2008 22:29 (#338256 - in reply to #338210)
Subject: RE: Seed Command Set Up?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You will need to do a step called "configuring the clutches" this is where you go to the Setup Screeen (Wrench) and pick the planter. There will be a box in the lower right corner that says "configure clutch sections".

Chose this box and run up the sections counter which will start out at two up to the number of sections that you have. The system will then go out and actually look for these sections and report back what it finds. If there is agreement between what you said was "out there" and what the system finds then the step will be considered successful.

Then shut the Insight Off and then restart it. I found the shut down and restart to be necessary. Then go to the RUN screen and attempt to bring up the configuration that you have created for this planter. If this seems to work things are looking good.

I personally always remap the boom inputs so that each section is controlled by a separate boom switch. The setup defaults to Boom 1 handling the Left half and Boom 2 handling the Right Half. This is fine for actual field operations but will not allow you to test for the correctness of the boom wiring and tubing layout. Remap the boom switches so each section is controlled by a single boom switch. Then actually try turning the input shaft with a wrench to see if the proper sections are engaged or disengaged. This will check your wiring and tubing layout.

It is probably fine if you were careful in laying out the wiring and tubing, but it would be reassuring to do this before planting begins.

Note: the system constantly checks for continuity between the planter sections in the configuration and the actual section valves that are present. It does this by sending out a trickle of electricity when the planting unit is to be engaged and larger amount of electricity when the section is to be disengaged. Thus the system can always "watch" for electricity coming back on a section. If the number of sections detected in this way does not match the configuration, an error message is shown.

This would warn an operator if a wire were cut during operation as the number and order of the sections physically attached to the system would no longer match the configuration.

Edited by tedbear 3/21/2008 08:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)