AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case AFS100 or AFS130
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 3/19/2008 12:35 (#337518 - in reply to #337498)
Subject: Re: Case AFS100 or AFS130

roaming
iowafarm: The 100 is a WAAS-only receiver. The 130 can do WAAS or the older OmniSTAR VBS subscription signal. Either will be fine for yield mapping. For either, use cables 277885A1 and 87302445, and you'll find a flat 5-pin connector in the fuse panel to connect to. You will also need a datacard for your display to record the GPS data. The datacard size is dependent on your firmware version, so I'd contact AFS support or your dealer to make sure you get the right card.

jalopy: your Satloc GPS system is obsolete, unfortunately. You could probably still get some kind of GPS reception, but I wouldn't count on it being any good, and the chance of getting a differential from that C-band receiver is virtually non-existent. You can also use either the 100 or the 130, with the same cables I listed above. You'll need a datacard, too, and yours will be harder to find because the technology is pretty ancient by today's standards. Start with your dealer; if he can't get one, try www.envoydata.com.

You will connect your receiver cables to a flat 5-pin connector on the main distribution cable behind the right-hand service door. There is a slim chance that your distribution cable doesn't have the 5-pin connector. If it doesn't, you will need to replace your distribution cable with a new one, unless you want to try to add the connector yourself. Your dealer may be able to order the new distribution cable, although CIH doesn't sell these monitors anymore.

Edited by torn 3/19/2008 12:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)