AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OT: Holland grill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/21/2006 06:28 (#28505 - in reply to #28391)
Subject: RE: OT: Holland grill

Chebanse, IL.....

My brother had a Holland grill for many yrs. I think speed was one of it's downfalls...especially as the wx turned colder. He'd bored-rejetted-etc. Just not enough burner. They need multi-burners for cold wx I think.

He got a Traeger last yr. Cooks w/wood pellets. He's very happy. No burning either. Here's their website. They have movie clip on there to watch...2 different download speeds:

http://www.traegergrills.com/index.htm

Personally, I'm looking into buying a stainless steel "top" multi-burner grill myself for winter project. Lowes sells them & they're made to fit into fancy "built-in/drop down" situation. They're only the top portion of grill...no frame. I've looked @ ss grills for yrs now. They all have nice grills, but their framework is usuall crop & often contains mild steel. Usually little wheels & stupid cabinet doors that won't work or will be wet inside in future years. I'm considering building my OWN ss framework this winter. It'll be heavy enough you can throw a whole side of hog up there & not faze it. Wheels will be real MAN wheels! Not something off little roll-around suitcases. The ss frame I build will last as long as the ss!

I presently have a Weber gas grill. Too much rusting out. The bottom of the firebox is rusted-the frame is rusted. I hate rust.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)