AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Joysticks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 7/21/2006 01:49 (#28490 - in reply to #28349)
Subject: Your looking for a fight arn't you??

IN reply to your first paragraph. What will stop you next if your not wearing your seat belt and there is no steering wheel? Would you rather smooch glass and become superman? Shouldn't said seat belt keep the steering wheel from rearrranging your sternum??

Paragraph 2: The thing about the amputee is past that tractor that has been retrofitted for them, Where else can they be useful? They can't fix fence, work cows, overhaul the engine, with certain amounts of body parts missing. It just isn't possible. Why get mad at me because I state the obvious? It's real life, sugar coat all you want but a man with only a workable body from the bellybutton up is going to have a darn sure challenge in alot of other parts of being a farmer/rancher and unless someone else is there to help or the amount of what needs to be done is darn minimal, it just isn't going to happen in a timely or correct manner. Get mad and scold me if you will but the truth is the truth. I am not putting them down, don't get me wrong. I think it's great if they can get back out there and feel some usefulness from thier life but the fact remains what they can do is limited and most people in the business are not missing major parts and in need of major change on tractors or combines or otherwise to make them operational. So.......in back to the original sought topic, why change what works? Why make "handicapped accessible" what doesn't need be so you and I can fork over more hard earned dough to drive these newer machines? No damn different than you wanting logger tires on your 9600 and I am completely happy with 30.5-32's. Make it an option, retool the plant and then make the handicapped one buying it pay for it. Don't make me pay for someone elses' problems.

Paragraph 3: I don't know, Your probably right. Won't argue.

Paragraph 4: Yep, your right but they are not tagged and they are not delivering mail. JWS stated mail delivery. IF it's tagged, it's got to have a mechanical form of brakes and steering.

111 in the shade the other day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)