AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The "Noah" movie.......save your money
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 3/30/2014 00:47 (#3785193 - in reply to #3784915)
Subject: RE: The "Noah" movie.......save your money

Southeast Wyoming

OntarioCanuck - 3/29/2014 19:58

I guess I am like this passage
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+4%3A10-12&version=NKJV
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
And since I am not a 'believer' it is all hidden from  me.

So that leaves us with the question 'if this is all so good then why is it hidden from people'? 

Thanks for the conversation; I has given me more "cause" to study than I usually do, not that study in it's self is not cause enough.

I found this link to some discussion/commentary which you may find as interesting as I found it.

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/5101/why-does-jesus-not-want-people-to-repent-and-be-forgiven-in-mark-4

I thought this was of particular importance:

I think you can expand on this even more by adding Matthew 13 which is the same event (Parabal of the Sower), written a little differently. I think Matthew explains it better Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah. –  styfle Dec 27 '11 at 21:12 

More interesting persective from that link:

As C. S. Lewis poignantly stated in The Screwtape Letters

“The Irresistible and the Indisputable are the two weapons which the very nature of his scheme forbids him to use. Merely to override a human will… would be for Him useless. He cannot ravish. He can only woo” (C.S. Lewis, Screwtape Letters).

One final verse is important to understand:

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,[a] not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 ESV

So, Jesus does want all people to repent and believe and receive eternal life, and, indeed, He gives light to everyone (John 1:9)--sufficient light to believe, yet not much light to deprive us of our own wills.

I thought that final statement was a good summary of what I believe: 

"So, Jesus does want all people to repent and believe and receive eternal life, and, indeed, He gives light to everyone (John 1:9)--sufficient light to believe, yet not much light to deprive us of our own wills."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)