AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The "Noah" movie.......save your money
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 3/29/2014 20:46 (#3784884 - in reply to #3784721)
Subject: RE: The "Noah" movie.......save your money

Southeast Wyoming

OntarioCanuck - 3/29/2014 18:39 Gary; what you are saying is it takes 'belief' to think that the story of Noah and the great flood really happened. Without any evidence for it happening it remains fiction. Belief will not change that fact.

Well you guessed partly right again.

For "anything" to have happened does not require any belief whatsoever.  What you or I believe (or think) is of no consequence to the facts, any facts about the past - but quite surely our beliefs are of significant consequence about our future.

"It" can happen without visible evidence; BUT the visible evidence is everywhere.  Some just fail to recognize/acknowledge the evidence.

The facts cannot be changed by belief (Bingo, you got that right) but facts cannot be changed by unbelief either.

I make it a point to change channels if I have the tv on when Letterman comes on at night . . . I don't need that trash in my house.  It has not always been that way.  Years ago he had a regular guest who claimed to have some special powers.  IIRC she would conjure up some notion of what was going on while she was blind folded.  Odds say she would get things right more than I ever saw her "powers work".  You seem to have that sort of belief/powers "thing" in mind.  We are not speaking of magic, illusion or deception.  We are speaking of the belief in THE ONE TRUE GOD, the creator of the universe.  There is little consequence for not believing in show business magic.

Remember the magicians could" turn" their "sticks" into snakes also; they made a nice feast.  All of the fairy tales will one day be overcome by the truth. 

Here is something about that unbelief:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+9%3A23-25&version=NKJV  

We all need some help with that at times I'm sure.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)