AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crc crop ins inplace ofPuts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmn4$
Posted 3/10/2008 17:50 (#330803 - in reply to #330793)
Subject: Re: Crc crop ins inplace ofPuts

The price caps on CRC do not only apply to the upside, they apply to the downside, so if the market is above $6.90 or below $3.90 CRC will no longer be working for you as much as RA will. Please see the comments below regarding my opinion about CRC vs RA-HPO.

there isn't as much risk in using CRC as some would have you to believe. In ECIL you will pay ~$15-20 extra for RA-HPO and it will take an extreme situation for you to make that money back if the price moves higher. Lower, that is another story(you will make it back fast if we exceed $1.50 to the downside), BUT the downside is protected w/ FORWARD SALES.

If no one has explained the way CRC compares to RA-HPO when the market moves more than $1.50 higher, then you should get a different agent that will explain it, or have your current agent explain it again. No reason to spend the extra $'s from my perspective.

P.S. I had the same opinion as everyone else(RA-HPO is better than CRC) UNTIL I did my homework! CRC STILL HAS THE UPPER HAND IF THE PREMIUM IS SUBSTANTIALLY LOWER!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)