AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stagflation vs. commodities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

No Till 2
Posted 3/9/2008 12:00 (#329734 - in reply to #329623)
Subject: RE: Stagflation vs. commodities

When they mentioned that these higher prices were going to be passed on were they thinking of the huge increase in their margins that they will pass on to the consumers with the excuse that its all due to raw commodities. The price of grains has only a small relationship to the finished product of most convenience foods. I bet they are just guessing as to the gullability of the consumer and the tolerance of the govenrment to practice some real price gouging and then blame it on public enemy number one ..the US Farmer -the scapegoat. What a joke, maybe those that do such things will rot in hell. Talk about greed, shame on those who think that a farmer is greedy when he gets a good price and can enjoy the fruits of his labor a little and have a little security built up for the future. Most people throw away 100 times the farmers profit every day. It makes me feel sick to see how much food is thrown away in this country ...just take a look next time you go to a restaraunt. Its not "fashionable" to clean your plate! Give me a break! Is this not the GREED of PRIDE to look fashionable?

"Pro 18:9 He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster."

Sorry for sounding so harsh but I remember this type of garbage all too well from the last major bull run in the 70's.
I was recently in Palm Springs in a grocery store and was amazed at the prices and also the size of packaging there seemed in many cases smaller than in my home store but the price was higher! All those designer clothes need thin bodies it seems!
Pretty sure the cost of the finished product would not be so much higher delivered there vs. most any other place I've been. It seemed even higher than what I saw in Puerto Rico this past winter, maybe I'm wrong but that's how it appeared to me...it would be interesting to have some recorded data on such.
Don't get me wrong, a company has the right to charge as much as it wants but to "justify" raising prices with deceptive facts is un-ethical.

Edited by No Till 2 3/9/2008 12:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)