AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures--- Main Man's new tractor, and for you who still row cultivate.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MikeInFrance
Posted 7/20/2006 14:52 (#28306 - in reply to #28302)
Subject: Re: Pictures--- Adjustment to row cultivator

Alsace 47°52'46"N 7°24'30"E

I had a 6160T until 2004.

Great tractor, with one of the best front wheel drives that were built then, by far better than JD or CIH then. very good hydraulics too.

My tractor didn't have AC and as I used it mainly for field prep, I found the clutch was a little weak to transmit the engine power to the (synchronized but not powershift) tranny. Is a bit touchy on oil: needs high grade H5 oil because of the immerged brakes. But for an all round workhorse, it was and still is a great tractor..... I heard it works in croatia now :)  To avoid overheating the last cylinder ( the one closest to the cab) I drilled a hole through the thermostatic valve so that coolant was circulating from the start on.

I enjoyed working with that tractor, but thought that I needed a bigger one to get the work done easier and quicker. Have now switched from green to red: Mc Cormick MTX200.

Parts are still available but even here, we have to know where to get them as these tractors have not been built in as big units as say JD or CIH. Below is the address of a parts source I found recently:

Tracto Ricambi Ka-2 s.l.

Girona (Espagna

Tel: +34 972 405180

Fax: +34 972 244610

Mail: [email protected]

Cheers 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)