AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Discussion Groups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 3/8/2008 10:23 (#328944 - in reply to #328912)
Subject: Re: Discussion Groups

Grand Rapids, MI
John Deere did for a time have a discussion forum on their Stellar Support website. It ended up to be kind of a joke though. Most of the responses seemed to be "check with your dealer on that" or call Stellar Support @ 1-800-xxx-xxxx. If JD did issue a response it was generally just a regurgitation of some information already on their website. I think there were two problems here, the first was that certain dealers would complain if Mother Deere would offer too much information becasuse they wanted their customers to come to them with problems. The second was that in a large organization like Deere it would probably take a committee meeting or several approvals just to answer some of the tougher questions.

As for whether the big 3 listed in the OP are listening here...they absolutely are. I had a client that posted some information her on AgTalk he obtained from one of these companies that really was not confidential, but the company apparently didn't want posted. He got a call from his local dealer within hours saying that the company had contacted this dealer asking if they would ask him to edit or remove the information.

I really do wish all precision ag companies would open a line of discussion directly to or close to the top. It could really eliminate a lot of confusion and help their users. I think that Mapshots is a great model of this sort of model. I do realize that this is tougher to do the larger the company involved, but I don't think its impossible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)