AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TMR mixers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 7/19/2006 13:26 (#27956)
Subject: TMR mixers

I've been doing some looking for a TMR mixer, would like to be able to mix dry hay (5x6' round bales) with corn silage and grain but we do have a bale processor that could be used to process the bales before mixing them. Seems like there are two classes of TMR mixers, new/almost new and junk, I've been around silage handling equipment enough to know what silage does to metal so I'm thinking that a new or slightly used mixer is the way to go. I'm looking for something in the 450-600 cubic foot range and most of the older cheap wagons are smaller than that anyway. In my research it looks like our choices would be a horizontal auger mixer that would range from $8,000-15,000 ranger or a vertical auger mixer that will cost about twice as much. Other than the price difference is there any reason why we should even consider a horizontal auger mixer for ration containing lots of dry hay? I've found a new NDE 1502 mixer not too far away that's set up just the way I'd want one for $23,000, more than I'd like to spend but no more volume than we are going to run through it I don't see us ever wearing it out and they sure don't seem to loose much value as they age either.

What are the good and bad areas of the different styles of mixers as well as the different brands and what do I need to be looking for when I'm shopping?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)