AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clairifications on EZ-Guide 500 with WAAS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/7/2008 06:36 (#327904)
Subject: Clairifications on EZ-Guide 500 with WAAS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yesterday our operator used the 8310 to haul some manure. He indicated that the last time he used this tractor with the EZ-Guide 500 and Autopilot that he was not able to get Differential and was not able to use the Autopilot. This was during a period of blinding snow. He thought that the snow may have been part of the problem.

Yesterday he reported that the results were the same. After the tractor was unhooked I took it out myself on a gravel road. I also noticed that differential was not being received and thus the Autopilot would not engage. One of the screens seemed to indicate something about PRN 122. After investigating I noticed that AOR-W (122) was set to ON while PRNs 135 and 138 were set to HEED HEALTH.

Remembering that AOR-W (PRN 122) was moved and then later decommissioned, I set its status to OFF. The Differential then came to life and the Autopilot then worked as expected.

This system now seems fine. Apparently shutting OFF 122 was the answer. This brings up some confusion. Apparently having 122 set to ON forced the system to use 122 and caused the problem. I assume that if 122 had been set to HEED HEALTH then the systems would not have been forced to use 122 and would have just used 135 and/or 138 since they were set to HEED HEALTH. I guess I'm confused as to why there is an ON setting and not just have any available satellites set to HEED HEALTH.

I also noticed an item on one of the Informaton overlay screens on the 500 that I don't remember seeing before. This screen gave status information about GPS. One on the items indicated the age of correction which was varying between 3-5 seconds which seems good and normal. Behind this value was the following: (WAAS lono). What is the meaning of "lono"?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)