AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jon Hagen, is there a market for PT combines in your area????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 7/18/2006 00:13 (#27589 - in reply to #27569)
Subject: Re: Jon Hagen, is there a market for PT combines in your area????

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Sorry,not much, except for the pinto bean guys who buy them cheap and run enough dirt/rocks through them harvesting pintos to turn them into scrap in a couple of years. They then buy another one cheap at auction and repeat the cycle. The small operators who would use a pull type machine are almost extinct in this area. I still use an old 1482 PT as a backup combine and for harvesting field pea. The local CIH dealer has a 1682 with all the toys (reverser,rock trap,chopper,hydraulic hitch,grain loss monitor.) That shows very few acres and always stored inside judged by paint and sheet metal wear, I bet even money that it ends up harvesting pintos or cut up in the local combine salvage yard. I love running my old 1482 pull type machine with my small Steiger 4 wd (KR 1225) I am totally blind in one eye and have glaucoma in the other one,so I have no depth perception to judge header height of the SP combine,but I can sit in the tractor looking back at the front of that old PT machine and do just fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)