AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Sidekick and auto swath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/4/2008 21:54 (#325972 - in reply to #325949)
Subject: Re: Raven Sidekick and auto swath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
notill89 - I realize now that you were replying at the same time that I was replying to JAL1975.

Concerning multiple injected products: Yes setting up several tanks with a variety of valves is a common way that multiple products are handled. Often times one of these tanks is pure water which can be used to flush the system when switching fields and products. Also our installers often plumb in an air line when an air source is available to flush the lines.

With a Raven system it is often done this way and other times multiple consoles or modules are used so that more than one product can be injected at the same time. We have customers who have four injection pumps on a sprayer.

The Injection concept is very popular in our area. When I go to meetings such as Ag Leader training, I am surprised that many parts of the country have never heard of the concept.

Our installers setup many units each year. At the moment there are probably 4 to 5 new Deere sprayers, 4730's, 4930's etc setting on the lot waiting for Injection systems to be installed.

Concerning premixes, an agitation system of some type is usually installed for the problem of settling out. Sometimes this is a mechanical agitator much like a paint mixer. Other times it is just a 12 V pump that continually pumps the product back to the top of the Injection tank.

Would I want to go back - NO! The Insight with its unscreen Coverage map, Applicaton maps, comprehensive data management system and other features really has to be used to truly appreciate.

There are other systems such as the Raven Viper or Envizio Pro that can do very similar things. I happen to like the Insight more than some of the other systems since it convers all aspects of the crop year from NH3 application, manure application, dry fertilizer application, planting, spraying and harvesting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)