AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Sidekick and auto swath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/4/2008 21:13 (#325908 - in reply to #325538)
Subject: RE: Raven Sidekick and auto swath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I think 6-15' boom sections would be a good idea since the sections are not extemely small but yet give you a lot of flexibility.

Basically the Injection product is "injected'' into the carrier stream as far downstream as possible. Right after the Injection point a mixer is installed. This is a chamber with a double helix inside that folds the mixture over and over to throughly mix in the chemical.

This is usually right before the ON/OFF valves which are often mounted in banks beside each other. I don't think putting some of the valves further downstream would help the situation.

When Injection first made its appearance many years ago, folks thought it would be great for "spot injecting" a second product for troublesome areas. Their idea was to mix the normal chemical in the main tank and spray with that at all times. The thought was that when a troublesome weed patch appeared that needed an extra chemical applied, the operator could turn on the Injection system and have this product mixed on the go while spraying this area. This all sounded good but did not work out very well since the operator would need to look far ahead (especially with higher ground speeds) and have to "lead" the weed patch.

Edited by tedbear 3/4/2008 21:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)