AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chipotle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 2/18/2014 23:15 (#3700696 - in reply to #3699827)
Subject: RE: My wife brought home the brochure today

Roanoke, IN
Let's back up the holy roller express a bit.

Genesis 1
11 And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Plants are to produce seed after their kind. Corn & bacteria are not the same kind so they should not be combined to form an insect killing corn plant. Food scarcity is not a production problem, it is a distribution problem caused by man (politics).

I am not opposed to synthetic fertilizers, but I do think we overuse them. We do not use to the full potential the blessings God has given us (soil microbes).

GMO being the defined yield leader is complete BS. A well managed conventional hybrid has as much or more yield. With a little more technology, organic will be right there too.

Not sure if I agree on the less food less multiplying thing. The wife never really feels like multiplying after a big meal.

On cost - 3x not even close. I have read on here multiple times of guys dumping ngmo because transport costs weren't worth the premium. That is not ngmos fault. The increased cost of ngmo & organic to consumers is because of transportation, distribution, separate processing, and the "blessing" of certifyers & labels, not that the farming practices are more costly.

Creating more man made problems will not solve the current ones. It is easy to get caught up in all this. Remember, the only reason we have agriculture is because of sin. When Adam & Eve got kicked out, they were then commanded to work the ground. There is not a "perfect" system on this earth anymore. We don't all have to do things the same way for it to be "right". I am looking forward to the day all is restored. That will be awesome.

On the movie - it was made to rile people up using satire, not a documentary. From the sounds of it is has worked. I wasn't impressed by it, but I'm not usually into that kind of movie either. Fake websites like that are all over. Have you ever seen this one from Breaking Bad tv show?
Http://bettercallsaul.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)