AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler Yield Monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Trapper
Posted 3/4/2008 08:16 (#325373 - in reply to #324744)
Subject: Re: Baler Yield Monitor

Both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line
I had one on a JD 348 small baler and one on a Case 8570. I didn't check for accuracy, but the operator that used the 8570 weighs every 4th or 5th load coming into their barn from their fields with truck scales, and they had no complaints that I know of. I do remember that it isn't the most accurate when it comes to recording area, but considering that the windrows are can represent inconsistent areas due to tedding and raking, I'm not sure if it would ever accurately record area. Really all this monitor does is measure the length of hay going through it by mounting a sensor next to the moisture star wheels (you can see the two yellow sensors next to the star wheels below). This sensor detects the revolutions of the star wheel. The monitor asks for the length of the bales, and the weight of each bale, and then computes the yield. If you ever want to see one, come to Gettysburg. While you're there you can go to the battlefield and see the spot where the rebels realized that our crappy soils really weren't worth fighting for!

Edited by trapper219 3/4/2008 08:23

(MVC-011F.JPG)

(MVC-013F.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MVC-011F.JPG (81KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments MVC-013F.JPG (65KB - 110 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)