AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wormy cows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

puff33m
Posted 2/2/2014 06:05 (#3655964 - in reply to #3655593)
Subject: Re: wormy cows

N FLA
I guess anything is possible. Some small number will be terminal, too far gone and probably some problems. Problem other than parasites, but who knows could have organ damage non recoverable. I've thought through choice of wormer, as Papaw said the pour on have 0 slaughter restrictions. I think what we use has 35. Most of these cows are so far gone that if they get poorer in 2 weeks, I can't conscientiously take them back. So I've decided my best option is knowing that injection is in their body. And I will lose a resale option. But I'm buying $500 cows. Not $1000 or more.

On the block and crumbles, I have the issue that I can't segregate and feed incoming. If I had more water sources I could graze them separately and put in a trough of this. But right now I only have one water source for farm.

It sounds to me like when I run 65 through the alley today. Instead of giving the 4 or 5 that look like they still have issues more ivomec, try a white paste type. Maybe it will knock out something I've missed.

It is just a small number that don't look much better in 10 days. I don't want to increase costs for every head by using 2 wormers when they come in if its a minimum %. I have to run them all into the corral to separate those going to auction every 3? weeks this time of year. Not so nuch early in the winter. Just trying to learn how these chemicals and parasites work.

Thanks for the good info here. Nobody even said buy better cows.

Edited by puff33m 2/2/2014 06:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)