AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd 4045T oil pump problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 7/16/2006 23:50 (#27268 - in reply to #27224)
Subject: RE: jd 4045T oil pump problems

nc ks
thank you very much for this information. I got the pump shaft out and scarred up the shaft and applied bearing mount on it and pressed the gear back on. They can't get me parts until Tuesday. They are telling me I have to get a complete oil pump, the shaft and gear are not sold separately. Do you think this is correct or should I inquire further? If I do get a new oil pump, can't I just take the shaft and gears out of it and slip them in so I don't have to remove the timing cover right now?
Thankyou for explaining the balance shafts to me. I put it back together w/o timing them. It runs smooth at 1500RPM but vibrates terribly at 1800 where I need to run it to generate electricity for the pivot. I am running it at 1500 to some flood pipe. I thought it was probably damaged from lack of oil pressure and was going to baby it until I had a new motor sitting beside it change out. Now I hope I can baby it until I get parts and I'll fix it right this time. You may have saved me a bunch of money. Thankyou
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)