AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hacking my RTK signal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 2/27/2008 01:02 (#320546 - in reply to #320501)
Subject: RE: Hacking my RTK signal

Colby, Kansas
I started down this road once, the biggest challenge is that in order for the relative positional errors between the receivers to mean anything, they have to be seeing and calculating from the same exact satellites at the same time, ex. if the RTK base is using SV's 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 14 to calculate with your rover must also be doing calculating position from the same exact set of birds.

Even if you could get it to do that I'm not quite sure thats all there is too it, I'll keep thinking.

I also don't know what format of correction AutoFarm uses, the serial version you refer to is known as RTCM. In order for post processing to work you need a rover GPS that logs more than just NMEA data. Including the satellites used for fix and various other mathematical components that are stored along with the position. I think maybe what you should look for is a surveyor's rover. A lot of these are designed for post processing, you can then match it up with CORS data if there is a station close by. Like maybe a Trimble ProXRS, although I'm not sure they'll log data continuously, as you would expect they are mostly setup for "point" work.

Interesting question, I have been down this road a little ways as I would like to have RTK accuracy in my YM data off of combines, I don't care if I have it in the field or not but would like to correct it later if I could.

Lucas

Edited by LHaag 2/27/2008 01:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)