AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can ez-guide 500 steer JD autotrac ready tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 2/26/2008 09:28 (#319800 - in reply to #319706)
Subject: RE: Can ez-guide 500 steer JD autotrac ready tractor?

Kentucky
Thanks for all of the good info here. I think most if it I already knew, but you added some key pieces that I needed to know.

Basically, I'm trying to make a change from what I have which is ez-steer on WAAS to Omnistar XP because I will be using it for planting. I am looking to move the guidance from one tractor to another. I just recently traded for a 7520 (used for spraying) which happens to be autotrack ready. My MX tractors are not, but I use them to plant with. My GP air drill will be coming in August without markers hence the need for the XP. It will have a Dickey-john IntelliAg moniter which is ISO 11783 and I am checking to see if it will run guidance or if I could use the Insight instead on the drill and the dealer would swap out the units for the difference in cost. In short, I'm trying to find the most cost effective combination to use the autotrack steering components on the 7520 and use ez-steer on the other units -- combine included -- and not "double up" on pricey isobus units when I could just move one from vehicle to vehicle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)