AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide 500 lights or screen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 2/26/2008 09:38 (#319805 - in reply to #319163)
Subject: RE: EZ-Guide 500 lights or screen

Kentucky
cwade - 2/25/2008 17:40

I am trying to decide between a 500 or a 250. Setting aside all the extra things the 500 is capable of which I am aware of for this post I just want to concentrate on the value of the difference in the size of the screens. You guys that have been running the 500 for guidance what I want to know is when you are running through the field do you find yourself more watching the screen for guidance or are you watching the lights as you would on an old style lightbar?

I've had more than one dealer tell me that those in the early to mid 40's and older generally prefer lights and those younger than the early 40's generally prefer the video. I had a fertilizer dealer tell me the same about his floater/sprayer drivers. The explanation -- the younger crowd grew up playing video games and are more used to responding to video and are quicker to pick up its depth perception. I use both, but if it's a quick glance at the unit and a quick response is needed, I find that I look at the lights. In case you're wondering, I am 45. We didn't get an Atari until after I left for college. Oh, well?!?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)