AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Works Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chuckster
Posted 2/27/2008 06:58 (#320585 - in reply to #318003)
Subject: Re: Farm Works Software

Where Lewis and Clark finished the rum
I've used FW SM for about 10 years and Guidemate for about half that time. Nice, depending on what you want to do with it. Does limited logging - points, path, polygons, with some attribute capability, however, you have to "downgrade" to version 9.x of GM to be able to log your own attributes on the go (weeds, hazards, etc). Laptop versions will not allow user logging of attributes, although you can add attributes at the beginning or end of lines, polys or a series of points - that is, a variety seeded, or spray rate etc, but again, not individual stuff that you see along the way that you'd like to mark.

SMVRA will control / log some controllers for Variable Rate fert/spray. I think FW has a list on their website.

PDA's stink - I've lost more data from PDA's being left in a sprayer for a few days than all my other computer crashes over the last quarter century. Leave them unattended for a few days, and bats go dead losing ALL data, programs etc. Have put solar cells on sprayer to add a little trickle, so that if I park for a few days and don't pull the PDA, I don't lose data.

PDA maps are pretty small too.

I have a long wish list, but still use SM/GM - haven't "upgraded" to Insight or Viper.

Might be good to ask this ?? on FW discussion fora and see what you get.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)