AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel Storage Tanks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 7/16/2006 10:03 (#27045 - in reply to #26976)
Subject: RE: Fuel Storage Tanks

Flandreau, SD
I agree that the laws are one thing and the other is enforcement. I beleive there is a big change in the rules next year and then a grace period after that. But the enforcement of the rules seems to take alot longer.

Alot of people are going let it go until they get "wrote up" and then given 30 0r 60 days to get in compliance. But if everybody gets caught at the same time. There is no way to get that many systems out and put in in the time by the deadlines. And then the fines could be more than the compliance would cost in the first place.

I can see waiting too see what happens, but I can see the other side when the big rush is ON!

I have been down in your area and south and seen the oil tanks out and about. I wonder if the oil industry has too much political money and can put off the spill protection rules. All of the gas terminals here just have earthen dike and a few have had spills up here lately. But allot of them are not clay, but mostly really sandy and would not hold anything anyway. I lifted a couple half million gallon fert tanks in Haletsvillie, Tx like 6 o 7 years ago. We just put a liner under the tanks with no dike. This was in anticipation of the rules coming and have not been back to finish the system.

The agriculture and end user petroleum industry may be getting the short stick because they are short stick in DC. JMO

Edited by agboy 7/16/2006 10:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)