AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel Storage Tanks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/15/2006 15:38 (#26837 - in reply to #26812)
Subject: RE: Mike, the attitude is not becoming on you

West Union, Illinois
plowboy - 7/15/2006 12:48 Mike, with all due respect, the attitude is not becoming on you. 

There is a bit of a quandry here....everyone seems to want to bash the bigger farmer but he is far more likely to be "doing it right" then many of the supposedly 'superior' small time guys.

You're right, it is showing an attitude I prefer not to have.  It's unfortunately based on experience.  Let me be the first to say you are correct many time the larger farmers tend to do a better job of "doing it right" than the smaller guys ... but not always.  A friend told of delivering s semi-load of LP to a BTO, so big he had his own personal helicopter, but the facilities were so inadequate he refused to make the delivery.  So size isn't always the factor.

My disagreement is with so many who seem to have the attitude "Well, I'm a farmer so that doesn't apply to me."  And I am as guilty at times as the next guy.  I also am going to take advantage of as many "loopholes" as possible. 

But when we as an industry do dumb things, noncompliant storage for example, the long term effect is to make regulators look even harder at us.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)