AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plowing for NV Dave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/17/2006 22:13 (#27536 - in reply to #27357)
Subject: RE: further comments on plowing

Brazilton KS

If I'm "taking shots" by pointing out that perhaps what you say is not going to work for everything everywhere, so be it.  Seems more like facing reality to me. 

I still haven't seen you present anything which even comes close to addressing the need to provide the kind of tabletop field that western hay guys need in order to run a disc mower at 20 mph.   Nor have I heard anything which would address leveling for flood irrigation.  I don't see how you are going to accomplish that type of earth moving without tillage, probably both before and after.   

I'll provide you 10 acres in Crawford Co KS to attempt notill corn on for as long as you have the stomach for it.  All I ask is to maintain the APH at it's current level relative to comparable fields.  I'll take care of the beans in the rotation, I already know they notill great.   You can even use the same ten acres I used for the 10 years I tried if you want, it should be infinately superior to any other ground in this part of the county having been in notill so long.   I can only speak for myself, but I think I could probably get a couple others to throw in some more so you can show them how it's done, too. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)