AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacing concave in 9600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JK SCLA
Posted 7/14/2006 13:38 (#26564 - in reply to #26557)
Subject: I sent that crap back!!!

Two years ago I needed to change my concave in my 9600. Did like you, ordered one from St. Johns. Freight truck pulls up, rolls pallet to the back and I realize it is not a new concave, but rebuilt. The bars are rebuilt using some hard steel strips. I put a straight edge on it and had 1/2" bow in the middle. Took a paint pen and marked 13 cracks on the unit, including the hollow tube on each end that your shaft slips through. I was ticked, bad. I called them and he said it must have happened in shipping. They could have drug it on the road from Kansas to Louisiana and not cracked it up like it was sent.

Misrepresented product, very poor oversight, and a lost customer. I put a loewen and have been happy with it.

I wish you well, but dollar for dollar, put a new concave, not one that is recycled,

You will have to change the feed plate for it to work. What I did was before putting mine in, I took a strip of 1/4 x 4" flat and sealed off the three bars in the concave. I cut dry corn, soybeans, milo, and very little wheat.

Edited by JK SCLA 7/14/2006 13:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)