AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So much good talk about tracks what is the bad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Skylane
Posted 7/14/2006 09:21 (#26487 - in reply to #26335)
Subject: RE: So much good talk about tracks what is the bad.

You have to take it easy when you go through waterways-over terraces, that is the nature of the beast, so one has to drive with a little sense. The ride in the field is good and I don't think all that bad on the road. In my opinion the older Cats ride better than the T Deere's and the new Mt's are better than anything, great ride, great everything, 24 MPH down the road, zoom. I have had several Cat's over the years and have built ponds and done waterway work will all of them. The small Cat's will do about as much in your application as the bigger ones. I spent over 140 hours doing waterway work last fall, with the 55 and a 12 yard scraper, when the MT's were putting on NH3 and did not bother changing tractors when I could have put on an MT855 later on. If building a pond the extra ponies would help, but no big deal. If when building a pond and you would get into water the tracks will slip, this could be an issue. The track machines are great pulling a planter, they tend to go straight and you don't have to fight them like a wheel tractor, they do berm some on the ends, but I plant through that and it does not cause any problems. Back in the old days when I cultivated, the wide gauge tractor worked great. I guess I live on a different planet, but other than taking it easy through waterways I have not found negatives, only many positives. My motto is "once you go track you'll never go back" It is kind of like going from a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive, huge difference. You will notice most negative responses are from people that, "heard" or "had a neighbor". Try one, make your own decision
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)