AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd 8450 4x4?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

muddrunner
Posted 12/22/2013 12:12 (#3538416 - in reply to #3537631)
Subject: Re: jd 8450 4x4?

Westphalia Texas [central texas]
I have a 8650 that is about the same as an 8450, don't know if they are the same on everything but horsepower, but I think there flies. Weak spots I have experienced are, the engine fan is a turbine fan that us aluminum , last one was over a thousand, the hydraulic in the mid section is a 3 section gear pump, as I understand besides the 8650 and 8450 it used no where else. Understand that deere only has complete pump now. The oil from the front diff us returned though the drive shaft, get a little slack in the pivot bushing and the sealing o- ring will not last. To replace the remote control cables or shift cables you have to remove the right fuel tank. You have to ride the clutch to back up ,geared way to fast in reverse for anything but to pack silage.. Other than that it's a great tractor, did I mention mine is sitting in a waterway, with a hole in a piston from a bad injector. Cost less money as long as it remains there, and besides we are still long for the dipstick that was launched across the field at the time of its spiritual departure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)