AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Front Duals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerard
Posted 7/12/2006 17:59 (#25923)
Subject: Front Duals

Woodham, Ontario
Who is going to get them for next year for their MFWD tractor?

Last week I was cutting new seeding (covercrop) alfalfa and noticed single tracks in the crop going on a 45 degree angle. Was wondering who might have done that, but then i noticed the same tracks every 30 feet... So the single front tires on the 8120 with loader made tracks while cultivating. The tires have to be pumped at 25+ psi to deal with the weight of loader, bucket and some rocks, so the single 540/65R30s are not big enough. The rear 650/65R42 duals were at 8 psi and seems like they didn't leave any tracks... Saw the same tracks in the corn fields where the compacted area dried slower. The loader adds at least 2500+ lbs to the front end, more than a full rack of weights.

Serisouly considering getting new Michelin XM108 540/65R30 and put those on the tractor and take the same tire off the tractor (tires has 2500 hours) and putting those on snap on dual rims. Should be able to run the tires at 10 psi instead of 30psi.

The tire dealer has some "old" price 540/65R30s should I get those now? New tires are 3% more and they expect at least another increase.

I don't want old crap bias duals that would just defeat the purpose

(8120cult2 (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8120cult2 (Medium).jpg (63KB - 1087 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)