AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming alone, Getting back to Base
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tommyw-5088
Posted 7/12/2006 14:02 (#25886 - in reply to #25867)
Subject: RE: Farming alone, Getting back to Base

south Texas , York Rife Freemason
i had about 150 acres of hay ground a good distance from my home farm - here is what i did i hauled the pickup on a goseneck trailer behind the 886 with the loader on the 886 . when i got to the hay field i unloaded the pickup un hooked the trailer ,dismounted the loader (quich-tach IH loader ).went back and got the hay cutter with pickup ,started cutting hay .finished that day and went home .next day i pulled baler back with pickup ,2nd day at lunch i went by mickey d"s ate on the go and got the rake to the hay field . when i got finished baling i already had a goseneck and loader to haul home the first load. i always wanted one of those reciver hitch carriers and a light 100cc motorcycle ,could load the motorcycle on the reciver hitch carrier and be all set quickly. i did get a hitch for the pickup later ,but dont farm that land anymore . now i have a mountian bike ,it has wide tires and runs in packed ground and gravel roads pretty well. you can cover 2-3 miles pretty quick with it .it is miserable to ride in the middle of the summer on a whiterock road though and those d@mn dogs running loose always cause trouble 2'- 1" pipe keeps most of them at bay though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)