AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help me understand what im paying for and how to cheapen it up. seed traits vs. insecticide.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 11/23/2013 19:35 (#3464592 - in reply to #3464556)
Subject: Re: help me understand what im paying for and how to cheapen it up. seed traits vs. insecticide.....

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
That's why I'm asking.... I plant mostly AgriGold and my dealer has made me believe I need it for CoC... I've raised what I would call typical CoC yields. (5-10% less) the last few years. The way my rotation is working I won't have any CoC unless I hear back about a potential rental farm, but as of now no CoC. And 2015 I'd probably only have one farm with "average" market conditions.
I should have told my seed guy to fly a kite this year but I didn't. Since then I've bought a farm, had an unexpected family medical expense, and been tractor shopping.... gotten an offer for considerably cheaper non GMO corn and all of the sudden I've finally SEEN THE LIGHT... idk why its taken me this long considering as conservative as I am. I've let dad tell me things aren't worth the trouble some times, I'm looking at saving $40-50 an acre.... that's a LOT of money for me..... I just Dont wanna dive in and wake up one morning with flat corn or no corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)