AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight-Uploading info to it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mtbrights
Posted 2/13/2008 19:35 (#308917 - in reply to #308101)
Subject: RE: Insight-Uploading info to it

Carter Montana
I've attempted to work around this by making one Insight the "Master" and the other a slave unit. any new configurations you set up (such as a sprayer, seeder, etc..) should be configured in the master Insight. Then when it comes time to backup at least you won't have to re-setup a configuration such as a sprayer or seeder again. The timing issues about downloading to your card before the "syncing", mentioned in other posts is also important. It's no doubt awkward but makes the best out of a bad situation.

The real problem, in later years, comes when you have two combines that have separate calibrations for vibration, moisture, etc.. these need to be wrote down or both will wind up being the same. I attempted to work around this by manually entering varieties in the slave unit and not backing-up to the Master with mixed results. It was tough on the driver to keep up with the variety changes but I think it's part of a successful workaround . We are mainly wheat with normally just a couple variety changes . I think this year I will just manually make any necessary changes when I bring the slave units ILF's. into SMS. Might not be sufficient where there are multiple varieties in a field, but its the best I've come up with.

Edited by mtbrights 2/13/2008 19:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)