AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight-Uploading info to it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/12/2008 18:21 (#308051 - in reply to #308022)
Subject: RE: Insight-Uploading info to it

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes Brett is correct, I've done this.

Here's my scenario: I own one Insight and do most everything with it - NH3, Plant, Autopilot, Spray, Manure, Harvest etc. It lives in three different tractors and one combine throughout the year. Everything is fine so far.

Two years ago, I needed to spray corn while some else finished planting soybeans. I needed two Insights at the same time. Since I work for a dealer I can borrow another Inisight for a few days.

I did a backup on my own personal Insight and did a Restore to the Store Insight. At that point in time both Insights were identical. I thought this was a clever way to get the field names into the store's Insight.

The Planting was finished with my personal Insight and the spraying was done with the store's Insight. At that point in time the Insights were not identical since mine had the additional planting information on it and the Store's had the new spraying activities on it. The log files were copied to the respective cards and read in by SMS. All the new activities were correctly displayed by SMS.

There was a slight problem with the duplicate entries for the activities which were done by my personal Insight and then restored to the Store Insight. Some of these activities were actually doubled in SMS.

This year I will be faced with the same situation. My plan is to do a backup of my personal Insight before any field work is actually done this year. I will save this backup for possible later use. If and when I need to borrow an Insight for a day or so, I will restore from this backup rather than a more current one. That means that my personal unit will only have the activties that it actually did and the store unit will only have those activities that it did. When this data is read into SMS there will be no chance of the doubling problem that I had before.

At harvest time, I will be able to see the varieties since all planting an harvesting will have been done with my own personal Insight. I will also be able to see any other activties (NH3, spraying etc.) that was done with my personal Insight. I will not be able to see the spraying that was done with the Store Insight.

This is more of a problem in larger operations where two Insights may be used for planting. These two Insights might be used in two combines later at harvest time. It would be nice if the planting data could be melded together and reloaded to both Insights. Then both Insights could show complete variety maps.

The way it is now, the Insight in Combine A would only show the varieties that it had planted. Likewise the Insight in Combine B would only show the varieties that it had planted.

Edited by tedbear 2/12/2008 18:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)