AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD universal autosteer in combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/14/2006 07:30 (#26460 - in reply to #26117)
Subject: Somewhat along the same line

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yesterday a Deere Tech came to our shop to install some equipment on a 9420. The tractor and new chisel plow were in our shop where we had installed a Raven Accuflow and N-Serv system.

The tractor had recently had the Universal Trac steering system installed. The Tech was there to add on the auto level/depth components (don't know what Deere calls this) to make the tractor work properly with the new chisel plow.

I talked to the Tech as I left work early. He was having some problems getting the tractor system to recognize this new CAN device (the auto level/depth).

The thought struck me that there may be a common thread with the fact that the combine mentioned here with the Universal Auto steer had problems with the moisture sensor and that this tractor with Universal Auto steer had problems with the auto level/depth device.

I'm a little confused here on Deere's Auto Trac system. On the one hand it seems to use the Deere CAN bus. But on the other hand, I'm told that the Universal Auto Trac can work with other brands of equipment or even older Deere equipment built long before CAN was utilized. It would seem that the CAN bus would only be used as a possible GPS source on certain equipment. Is the Greenstar display always used or is another display device used with older Deere/non Deere equipment?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)