AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Norac Boom Height Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Strange
Posted 2/9/2008 13:31 (#305440 - in reply to #304698)
Subject: RE: Norac Boom Height Control

I put a Norac system on my 4720 last fall.  Sounds like a very similar situation to yours - 90' booms spraying over terraces.  I have the 5 sensor system and the active roll control.  Sprayed about 1200 acres with it last fall and was very pleased with the results.  I normally spray around 12-13 MPH and was able to spray over terraces at an angle at that same speed and maintain a 32" boom height.  The Norac system was able to maintain very good control of the booms - in fact I tried speeding up to over 16 MPH and could not make the booms hit the ground.  It looks like the active roll has quite a bit of effect on the speed that the system is able to move the boom tips.  As the machine rolls over a terrace, it simultaneously lifts one tip, lowers the other and rolls the entire boom as needed to maintain the correct height.  I agree with the other post - without the extra sensors the boom will not "see" terraces unless they are either in the center of the machine or at the ends of the boom.  The only thing I had a problem with was the fact that my sprayer is not equipped with below horizontal cylinders.  I think that would let the booms follow the terraces even better.  I actually have the new cylinders but haven't installed them yet.  As was mentioned, I would hate to go back to spraying without it. 
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)