AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stubble Stompers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 7/11/2006 13:43 (#25595 - in reply to #25571)
Subject: Re: Stubble Stompers

South Central Nebraska
We would really like to try the floaters but like you say the cost is a big hurddle, The other problem we have is we furrow irrigate (ridgetill) about 100 acres. I'm not sure how the tires would hold up running over two rows. I don't think it would hurt the ridges but not sure how hard it would be on the tires. Maybe 100 acres isn't enough to worry about. We also have the large tires on the rear, as well as rwd. We bought a MacDon 974 30' flexdraper and that thing is heavy. We tried it with just the mudhog and no weights but when going down hill with the draper up and you slow down, look out, one time I think I had the back end off the ground about 2 feet. We added about 2000#s of fluid and that helped alot but it seems to "bounce" more when you go over rough ground. That flex draper bounces alot even when locked up, but I guess it was designed to run on the ground. We are anxious to get it into a bean field and see how it preforms. I think bigger tires or duals would help smooth out the ride.

notill89
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)