AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JB and CRW beetles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BRIAN
Posted 7/10/2006 22:52 (#25442 - in reply to #25409)
Subject: Re: JB and CRW beetles

Graymont Illinois

Ed, not sure but variety of "crop" plays a role. CRW adult  beatles  like certain varieties around here. JB same thing. Last couple years I heard about JP beatles. I actualy saw them, mostly on smartweeds. Maybe , milkweeds blooming.

When planting this year conventionally, (hopefully changing to no-till) I noticed in row planter marker, blackbirds right in front of planter tractor.. I now believe they were picking up JB grubs.

In my 30" soybeans, non-GMO, I sprayed Raptor and Fusion on one field. This field had a lot of volunteer corn. When cultivating beans the volunteer corn was being consumed by JB did not seem to bother beans.

So, to try and answer your ?. This 80 A field is planted to one variety on end rows and beginning of field. There is a machine shed and lane up to. Sweetcorn is along lane on both sides. Plus endrows around lane and shed and sweetcorn.

Think crw like this variety. 2-3 main  other varieties is what I need to check out.Before spraying  Driving around 2 sides of 80 the corn pre silking and tasselling is terribly "window paned" leaves. Brian

Edited by BRIAN 7/10/2006 22:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)