AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 small suggestions: jpeg and spaces in attachment names
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Chimel
Posted 10/18/2013 11:26 (#3391297)
Subject: 2 small suggestions: jpeg and spaces in attachment names

1) Can the "jpeg" file name extension be added to the same category as "jpg"?
Such attachments show up in the posts as separate files to download, not as pictures, like jpg files do.
This is exactly the same file type, even if the file extension has one extra letter.
I saw several such files on NAT, because sometimes pictures from the web are stored as jpeg by default.

2) Can file attachments such as "pit fire crew.pdf" or "weight tracker.zip" (recent real examples) be downloaded as such instead of as "pit" or "weight" files without extension that most people can't figure out how to open?
I don't know if the problem comes from NAT or my Firefox browser, the attachment file uploads fine to NAT and shows up fine below the post, but when you download it, the file name is truncated at the first space in the name.
If the problem lies with the browser, can all spaces be converted to the underline "_" character when uploading, for instance?

No high priority requests, just simple suggestions to improve the site's usability whenever you have the time, which I hope for you will not be in this harvest season! ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)