AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Autoboom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dusty
Posted 2/5/2008 15:34 (#301851)
Subject: Insight Autoboom

Looking at fitting an Insight into sprayer to run section control. It has the autoswath unlocked, but apparently we need some extra can-bus modules to interface with the sprayer and the Insight. Are these Agleader parts or are they available in any other form. Also we use the Insight on the combine for yield mapping with a trimble 106 reciever, but this will not be accurate enough for boom section control. The other option is to use our EZ guide 500 which is on Omnistar. Only thing that I don't like about this is having a cab full of clutter as the old controller will be left in (for when the insight is yield mapping) along with the Ez guide and the Insight, and it needs the parts from 2 other systems (ie the yield mapping and the guidance). The issue is that we don't have a good enough external reciever for the Insight without using the EZ guide. So what would be the best way of upgrading this part ? Can we add a reciever to the 106, or is it a replacement for this - possibly a Raven or something like that. I thought I had a vague idea what I was doing until I wanted to take things a bit further - then it seems to get really complicated !!! Any thoughts would be much appreciated....!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)