AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solution to end "can it pull it?"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Flat Rascal
Posted 10/12/2013 12:44 (#3379386)
Subject: Solution to end "can it pull it?"

Central Kansas
Can NAT add a reference section that users can upload what equipment they use on their farm?

Users can then search for a similar model of equipment in question and see if it works. The list can be searched for by tractor or implement so a user can find out what everyone else pulls with the same tractor or what tractors pull the same implement.

For example: I want to buy a new 16 row planter and don't know if my tractor has the Wheaties to pull one that big. I will then search the list of what everyone else is pulling their 16 row planter with and compare.

Tillage equipment can probably be listed as width, working depth and typical slope.

Planters would probably require more categories such as central fill, hyd drive, fertilizer, vaccum etc.

Strip-til listed with number of rows, depth applied and quantity of fertilizer carried.

If it gets carried away I can see this including combines and heads, trucks and trailers of all sizes, forage choppers, manure spreaders, unloading augers, etc.

A comment section can be added for miscellaneous details that are noteworthy not for a complain fest, such as 'marginal hydraulics' 'light in front end' or 'tractor shows 65% power used'.

Each listing could be left with a way to contact the poster for additional questions.

Hopefully there will be enough entries that the entries can pass the smell test to see if an entry is out of line with the rest.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)