AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Illinois corn on corn growers or..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 7/9/2006 13:10 (#25063 - in reply to #25032)
Subject: RE: Question for Illinois corn on corn growers or..........

Nevada, Iowa
To answer your questions:

We received about 2 inches of slow rain about a week after the field was planted (without that we'd probably be cooked by now) and I assumed that that would have been enough to activate, guess not. Since then we have not received any moisture over 1/10 increments until this last weekend when we were extremely lucky to get an inch. That really perked things up but two days later when the temp hit 85, heavy rw areas were puckered up again by 10:00 am.

I've got a JD 1760 and I did T band. Will probably reexamine that. Granular boxes were calibrated and we did get accurate rates applied, as close to target as one can get with granules. Used a full rate of Aztec. Wind conditions at planting were not excessive.

It is always hard to predict but I feel fairly comfortable saying that there is no way that c on c with insecticide will out yield c on b with or without significant rain. In fact, at this point, it looks like spraying for beetles will be a difficult decision. Will cross that bridge later.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)