AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Illinois corn on corn growers or..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 7/9/2006 01:08 (#24959)
Subject: Question for Illinois corn on corn growers or..........

Nevada, Iowa
..........anyone growing c on c under drought conditions the last few years and using a soil applied insecticide.

I have a field of c on c this year that emerged well, looked decent until about two weeks ago and now has large areas that are showing severe moisture stress. We are very short of rainfall here but this corn is suffering worse than most. At first I dismissed the problem to increased moisture usage due to c on c but I have eliminated that issue due to other fields of c on c that are looking pretty good considering everything (they are CRW corn). Started to suspect corn rootworm and sure enough that was confirmed by a seed company agronomist. He claims the insecticide has failed due to extreme dry conditions. I have grown corn on corn in some fashion nearly my entire career and have never experienced an insecticide failure before. Question(s) is: Have any of you ever seen this and if so did you contact the company reps and what kind of service did you get from them? This particular problem shows relatively light root feeding but the moisture situation is so critical that it is making all the difference this year. BTW: It looks as if we are going to have to spray this field for adults (beetles) what can you tell me about this proceedure? Any info will help and TIA, Dave

Edited by Dave Cen.Ia 7/9/2006 01:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)