AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 controling a Raven system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 1/29/2008 22:45 (#296492 - in reply to #295848)
Subject: Re: Pro 600 controling a Raven system

East Central Ia
True that we don't need 2 Pro600's but we already had 2 Universal Display+'s and the Pro 600 came with the combine. Our dealer needed a Universal Display+ so we traded him for another Pro600 very cheaply.

The fewest monitors I could get along with would be 3. Two for the nh3, and one for the manure in the fall, and 2 for planters and one for sprayer in the spring.

I am not complaining about having all these monitors... I am complaining about having a several thousand dollar monitor sitting on my shelf collecting dust that I could be using to VRT, map, control autosteer, and log data. They keep making these monitors easier to use with more and more functions but you still end up with a ton of crap in the cab and some expensive piece of equipment not being used b/c its not compatible with something else.

Ideally I would like to just have the 2 pro600s and the insight. But I have to have the UD+ for the one planter and the insight is the only monitor capable of controlling the Raven stuff. If the pro600 could talk to Raven products it would greatly simplify things for me.

Right now I have 4 monitors capable of VRT and mapping but I can only use those capabilities on the planters and one fertilizer tool. I would like to VRT and map all my fertilizer as well, but I am not going to buy any more monitors then I already have.

I really hope this ISO 11783 takes off so we can better utilize our investments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)