AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No corn now for two years- Sad here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Guest also
Posted 7/5/2006 09:41 (#24211 - in reply to #24197)
Subject: RE: No corn now for two years- Sad here

I feel for you, last year we had our worst crop in 50 years farming here. Really frustrating when county's next door are making 200 bu. and your at under 100 bu. Even more aggravating when price stays low. Recently bought my wife a small consignment shop in town, makes good money, no capital outlay and YOU determine price! Would like to do it myself, only with tools. Farming has become so depressing I don't even like to think about it. Until WE control our prices, its just going to get worse. No other business could stand the hits with oil, fert and supplies we've had in the last year and survive. Agriculture is set for a big fall unless our prices increase to cost of production. I figured I needed 175 bu corn to pay cash rent. Been farming that same farm for 50+ years but may not much longer at these prices. Marketing is my biggest trouble, the opportunity to sell and make a profit are few and far between and have to be pounced on like a cat on a mouse or they're gone. No longer can you sleep on it and sell in the morning. Get involved with a good church, go help somebody who needs it, out. You will feel better, if nothing else and it may open doors you didn't know existed. God bless you and good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)