AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Operations Data Workshop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 1/17/2008 17:30 (#285511)
Subject: Field Operations Data Workshop

I posted a note in December about holding a software vendor workshop to discuss standardizing the interfaces to the new field device features.   There has been some feedback on that, and a date and location have been picked.   It is Feb 14th at the Comfort Suites in Louisiville.   The meeting will run all day.

The afternoon of the 13th, there is an NAITF meeting and we hope that someone from that group can attend our meeting on the 14th and give everyone an update on the status of ISO 11783 and desktop software integration.   Both the current state, and a description of the process for requesting enhancements to the standard to cover new features.

There is no formal agenda yet.  In addition to the 11783 update, I would expect about 1/2 of the day to be related to FODM.  We are putting FODM into Open Source, and we'll describe document the repository and development architecture of FODM and the FODDs that we can contribute.  And I anticipate a good dicussion related to exactly what new features we need to get included to get through this spring... as a near-term band-aid.   And I hope there is discussion about a long-term total rewrite of FODM, or an alternative open source toolkit that aligns tightly with the 11783 effort.

If you are interested in attending, please drop me a note so we have some idea about how many to plan for.   And we'll put you on a list to receive any agenda mailings.

Thanks.

Edited by Macy 1/17/2008 18:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)