AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

332 Trimble / Omnistar / Beacon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2006 10:09 (#23716 - in reply to #23711)
Subject: RE: 332 Trimble / Omnistar / Beacon

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a 332 also with Omnistar XP. The convergence time can be significant as you indicate.

As an experiment I tried to switch to Beacon with my antenna and got the "Wrong Antenna" message. I was able to run WAAS with this antenna.

I then hooked up an old Ag Leader (Trimble) antenna that had been used with Beacon. I believe I was successful in running Beacon with that antenna as well as XP. When I tried WAAS with this antenna I got the "Wrong Antenna" message.

I am of the opinion that the first antenna will work for Omnistar and WAAS but not Beacon. Also that the other antenna will work for Omnistar and Beacon but not WAAS.

After trying the Beacon setup, I was able to return to Omnistar without a problem so I don't think that you will lose your setup if you go to Beacon on a temporary basis and later want to return to Omnistar.

I have used Beacon successfully in the past for mapping and guidance. I am about 100 miles from the tower. This was before I had AutoPilot. I have not tried AutoPilot running under Beacon in real field conditions.

Edited by tedbear 7/4/2006 15:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)