AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nozzle Selection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 6/28/2013 06:25 (#3178755 - in reply to #3178438)
Subject: RE: Nozzle Selection

South Georgia
I almost mentioned that, you're likely to have trouble getting the range you're wanting from a single tip if you want to have big VRA rate change. You pretty well have a 20-80 psi range to work with (maybe 15-100, but that's it). This gives you roughly a x2 rate or speed change possibility. I.e. if you have a tip that will allow you to spray at 15 mph 10 GPA, for example, and your pressure is at 80 psi, you'll be able to slow down to about 7.5 mph before you start having trouble with tips cutting off and having pattern problems. Or phrased another way, if you used those same tips at the same speed, you could cut your rate to 5 GPA, but you'd now be on the low end of your abilities and you wouldn't really be able to apply at a lower ground speed in rough areas without having pattern trouble.

I don't know how much variation you'll be having with your VRA application, but if it's much more than 1.5x (or conversely .75x), you may find you need to modify your ground speed as you approach a different zone to get you into a more appropriate flow rate.

Yes, there are fancy variable orifice tips available to widen your possible application range, but I have no experience with them, and I'm a little skeptical of their reliability and durability.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)