AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Racoons - flybait & cola mix - How?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Seeds~
Posted 7/2/2006 19:59 (#23606)
Subject: Racoons - flybait & cola mix - How?

OK, This is hardly a machinery type issue, but, What is the mix on the flybait - cola for controling raccoons? Do you mix a paste or a slurry or a runny slop? What do you dispense it in (what do 'coons perfer to eat out of? Where do you set the bait? Or do they smell it and com'a running? I have to do something to control them . . .
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 7/2/2006 20:10 (#23610 - in reply to #23606)
Subject: RE: Racoons - flybait & cola mix - How?

I have always heard that you bread a raw egg on top of a table spoon of the fly posion.
FlyLow
Posted 7/2/2006 22:16 (#23635 - in reply to #23606)

South Texas
Now, I'd never do this intentionally 'cause I'm told it's against some rule or other, but I've HEARD that golden malathion misplaced on a shallow pan such as pie tin or coffee lid, then moistened to a more or less paste with Mountain Dew (obviously accidental spillage) and left just about anywhere a critter can get to it produces more or less immediate extinction upon ingestion. I'd be real careful about where it's placed since any critter or pet is attracted. Again, that's just what I've heard and I'd recommend being careful about not mixing those two since I've heard it can be harmful. In fact, I'd definitely recommend not doing this at all.
McCartman
Posted 7/2/2006 23:44 (#23650 - in reply to #23606)
Subject: Re: Racoons - flybait & cola mix - How?

A few tablespoons of Golden Maldrin fly bait on an ice crean pail lid. Pour about 1 cup of Pepsi, Dew, Root Beer, etc on it and mix it up with a stick. You want liquid, not paste. Just set it anywhere you have seen evidence of Coonage. They drink it but don't get very far at all. I differ from the other guy who responded in that I highly reccomend it. Just keep your pets away from it.
Mike SE IL
Posted 7/3/2006 06:45 (#23673 - in reply to #23606)

West Union, Illinois

We were having trouble with flies at Gramps, so I put about a third of a small can of Golden Malrin in a disposable pie pan (with a rock in it to keep it from blowing away) and then poured about a half a bottle of Coke on it ... the dry bait blows around in the wind and this is supposed to help. Did this in 3 places around the farmstead.

Seemed to work. The only flies were on a dead 'possum in the yard.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)