AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NRCS Web Soil Survey ?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 1/12/2008 16:54 (#281674)
Subject: NRCS Web Soil Survey ?????

I am looking at my soil types in the NRCS SOIL SURVEY in hard copy as well as on the NRCS WEB SOIL SURVEY. I am looking at CACO3% levels which are listed under Soil Chemical properties in both the hard copy and website version. Using WSS, am able to make a map zeroed in on an area of particular interest showing an overlay of soil types with a listing of CACO3%.

Problem: I would like to export and/ place an order for this map is shapefile format. All it will let me do is order a SOILS SSURGO map for my entire county. And then the spatial and tabular data are sepearated out. IE when I load the shapefile into ARCMAP 9.2 it will not show any attributes for the feature I select. (Obviously I dont know enough about ARCMAP to alleviate this situation and am too lazy to look it up, so THERE, we have that out in the open)

Can anybody give me a hand?? Again, may goal is to make a shapefile with attribute data that I can load into a blank map on ARCMAP 9.2 and click on features and find out the various chemical properties behind each feature. The reason I am doing this is because I am going to use this as a basis to do in field testing for CACO3 % and use this in conjuction with my P tests in the same areas, IE if my CACO3% reading is high (dont know what high is yet, >2%maybe) I will probably add more P even if my Olsen P test is adequate.

Sorry for the long note.............and thanks in advance if anybody accepts this challenge!!

Buckwheat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)